NEW Online booking
New online booking is LIVE!
Simply scan the QR Code - no set up necessary. All you need is: First name, Last name, your Health Card Numbers and Birthdate to log in.
新的約診系統將已經上線。 請掃描QR Code，只需要你的姓名，醫療卡號跟生日就可以預約。
Little Mountain Medical Clinic
Dr. Cindy Lee closure dates in March
Dr. Cindy Lee will be away from March 14th to 24th, 2023. There will be no locum coverage, and phone line will be closed during that period. Patients can still reach Dr. Lee for urgent matters through email Questions@littlemountainMD.ca. 請注意！2023三月十四日到三月二十四日，李醫生的看診即將休息兩個禮拜。 因爲種種原因這段時間我們不會有代班醫生，電話也會關閉至三月二十七日。 如果您有警急的問題請寫信到Questions@littlemountainMD.ca，我們會盡快回覆。 book online.
Little Mountain Medical Clinic
Fever and Temperature Taking guide
Flu season is upon us, here are some guide lines for kids with fever.
stay warm everyone. 祝大家平安。
Little Mountain Medical Clinic
NOT ACCEPTING new patientsBoth Dr. Cindy Lee and Dr. Janice Lising are NOT accepting new patients. If you are looking for a family doctor, check out cpsbc.ca
Hours of Operation
- Mon9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tue9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wed9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thu9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Fri9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dr. Janice Lising (Mon to Fri, 9-4pm) Dr. Cindy Lee (Tues to Fri, 9-4pm) Lunch (1pm to 2pm)
Dr. Cindy Lee is happy to be back in Vancouver, BC. The scope of family medicine practiced and the services provided include newborn, pediatrics and adolescent care; women’s health; men’s health; geriatric and palliative care; and minor procedures. Family medicine services not provided: shared-care obstetrics, inpatient or supportive hospital care, nursing home care. English is the primary language in the clinic. We do have multilingual staff but may ask you to bring a translator if […]Learn More
All requests are triaged by the receptionist and documented for chief complaint. Therefore, we ask you to provide specific information about your concern, as required for appropriate scheduling, while ensuring your confidentiality. The patient in question must be present at the appointment. On occasion, both physician and patient will run late – please call to advise if you are running late, so we can plan accordingly. We reserve the right to fit in or rebook patients who are late for appointments.
New patient first appointments, referred to as “meet and greets”, are scheduled for about 10–20 minutes.
Regular visits are 10 minutes, to address patient’s main concerns. Secondary issues will be addressed if time permits; otherwise, a follow-up appointment will be offered as soon as possible. A follow-up appointment is not a dismissal of your concerns, but to ensure an appropriately thorough assessment for the issues is done.
Same-day urgent visits: We routinely reserve several appointment slots to accommodate concerns that should be seen urgently. When you are sick, we will see you quickly—help us help you by calling early for a same-day appointment.
Walk-in visits are discouraged. Please call ahead for a specific time for a same-day visit.
Periodic health exams: BC MSP does not cover for periodic health exams. Rather, these are only done for those with chronic medical conditions, at the discretion of the physician. These visits must be booked in advance, as this visit will be dedicated to do a comprehensive health audit and education session. Patients should not save problems or urgent issues for this appointment. Make an appointment to be seen much sooner for specific or urgent concerns.
Counseling, interviews and stress management issues: Patients should inform reception when they are calling about counseling, interviews or stress management issues so that more time can be scheduled.
If you are travelling a long distance and/or believe that your concerns will require more time with the doctor, it is important for you to inform our receptionist so that an extended appointment can be booked as soon as possible. You may also want to consider finding a family physician who is easier for you to travel to.
Dr Cindy W. Lee 李婉汝醫生 門診須知
102-4484 Main Street. Vancouver. B.C. T:(604)620-4484 Website: drcindylee.com
關於Dr Cindy Lee
李醫師出生於台灣，在溫哥華長大。 從紐約拿到醫學學位，實習於多倫多大學家庭醫學系，現為UBC臨床講師。 現在很開心能回到溫哥華為大家服務。 李醫生的家庭醫學實踐和所提供的服務包括新生兒，兒童和青少年保健; 婦女的健康: 男性的健康; 老人健康和安息治療; 和小手術等。
1. 初診掛號，請攜帶健保卡 (MSP Card/Care Card）至櫃檯辦理。
4. 如有爽約者，診所將向其收取Missed Appointment(爽約)費用。
6. 如有預約，請在準時到達時，跟櫃台check in 。
9. 在看診室，請把手機靜音。 請勿私自拿取醫療用品。
1. 所有病人在預約時，必須跟診所助理聲明想看醫生的原因。 前檯小姐會因病情的嚴重 性幫大家安排時間。
2. 每個病人第一次都必須約New Patient新病人的預約, 新病人約需要十到十五分鐘。
3. 每次預約以十分鐘為限，除非是當日警急預約(Same Day Appointment) 五分鐘為限。
5. 當日緊急預約是給警急狀況，發燒，身體不舒服。 並不包含看報告等等。
6. 為了避免病人等候時間太長。我們請所有病人在預約時間前五分鐘到。 遲到者將患者 若遲到十分鐘以上，之預約將會被改至當日其他空缺時段。遲到三十分鐘以上之預約將被 取消，並且在下次看診時需額外收取30元的預約缺席費用。
8. ＢＣ政府並沒有所謂的全身檢查，如有需要，請詢問醫生。 醫生將會以個人的需求， 幫病人申請適合的檢查。
2. 因為醫生的缺乏，我們請所有病人只能有一位家庭醫生。 違規者，將剔除於診所名 單。
3. 醫師基本上是完全不會做電話問診，病人的面談與當面了解症狀是醫生下正確診斷不可 少的因素。 如果醫生需要用電話問診，他只能給予最基本的回答。
4. 醫生將會仔細檢查所有報告，如有問題將會通知病人。如果沒有通知，代表沒有問題: 病人依然可以自己打電話來預約跟醫生討論。
5. 診所只負責幫病人預約與告知時間。 是病人的責任去記下所有檢查(X-ray, Ultra Sound,
CT, specialists 專科)時間，與更改時間。
6. 專科醫生的轉診，因從醫生以病人的需要而開始的程序。 病人可以向醫生要求專科醫 生，但是醫生有權做最後決定。 如果錯過專科預約，病人將會被專科診所收取爽約費。 如果病人一再爽約，醫生將無法幫再病人預約專科。
7. 每次預約，醫生將會仔細地回答你的問題。 如果時間不夠，醫生將會請前檯小姐在一 個禮拜內幫你約複診。
8. 拿藥預約須知; 如果有需要藥時，請主動跟醫生領取藥單。 醫生有權利在PharmaNet查 詢病人的藥單歷史。 診所將會收取＄30藥單傳真服務。
9. 有些診所提供的服務並不在MSP的範圍內，這些費用會在當日與病人收取。 (詳情請查 詢櫃台小姐）
10. 所有問診的過程與病情全部為視為個人隱私，不會被公開。 除非有法院單條; 對病 人，他人，醫生，診所有直接威脅時; 有家暴懷疑 ( 19歲以下); 有病人同意才會公開 。
11. 診所有權開除病人，當病人沒有好的理由對診所;專科;其他醫療設施爽約(missed appointment)。多次拒絕遵守醫生的醫療建議； 不遵守診所須知：對診所的醫生，員工或 其他病人動粗或做出不尊重的行為將會被診所開除。
所有被開除的病人將會收到一份正式的通知，診所將會像病人提供三個禮拜的緊急服務 (從正式通知那天起)。在那期間內，病人需要自己去尋找新的家庭醫生，三個禮拜的緊急 服務後，診所將不再提供任何服務。請提供新診所的家庭醫生的資料，診所將會把你的資 料寄過去。
24 hours’ cancellation notice is required, or patient will be charged for a missed visit.
Office staff are not able to call or send reminders for regular appointments.
Current uninsured service fees for missed appointments are posted in the office, and on the website. Fees for all uninsured services are subject to change.
Please review updated clinic policy on after-hours care in office and online
- For emergency requiring immediate assistance, call 9-1-1 or head to the nearest emergency department
- For urgent issues, you may seek care at the closest walk-in clinic
- If you are unable to see a physician, you may call 8-1-1 to talk to a health professional at HealthLinkBC. This is a free service open 24 hours a day, available in multiple languages.
- If you need an urgent medication refill and are unable to get an appointment in time, your pharmacy may provide an emergency supply of medication.
- If you absolutely need to speak to a physician at Little Mountain Medical Clinic about an urgent medical issue and cannot wait until the clinic reopens, you may reach out to the on call physician. Instructions are on the clinic answering machine. Please note that you will be charged a fee for any inappropriate use of this service, including non-urgent prescription refills and scheduling, changing, or cancelling appointments.
Flu Season is here! Dr. Cindy Lee is hosting flu shot clinic for families with children (under age of 5). There will be two flu shot clinic date, first one on Saturday Nov 5th, 2022 and second one is on Saturday Dec 3rd, 2022. Please call the clinic 604-620-4484 to book an appointment. Dr. Janice […]
Doctors of BC provides information for parents who would like to do learn more about Covid Vaccines for Age 5 – 11
If you’re on the clinically extremely vulnerable list, you will receive a patient invitation letter. The letter will be mailed to your home address on file with your Personal Health Number. Letters will be mailed starting March 24 and should arrive by April 15 Early Vaccines for clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) Little Mountain Medical Clinic
- Unit 355 - 550 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 0E9, Canada
- (604) 620-4484
- (604) 620-4484